Little Millet Upma Recipe
Little Millet Upma: is a South-Indian dish made with cooked little millet, vegetables, and spices. It’s a great way to add some extra nutrition to your meal. Here is the recipe:
• 1 cup little millet/samakechawal
• 2 tablespoons oil
• 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
• 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
• 1 teaspoon chana dal
• 1 teaspoon urad dal
• 1 teaspoon broken cashews
• 1 teaspoon chopped ginger
• 1 teaspoon chopped green chilli
• Handful of curry leaves
• 1/2 teaspoon turmeric 2 cups water Salt to taste
2. Add ginger, green chilli, curry leaves and fry for a few seconds.
3. Add the little millet and fry for a few seconds.
4. Add the water, turmeric and salt and bring it to a boil.
5. Reduce the heat and cook for 15-20 minutes or until the millet is cooked.
6. Serve hot with chutney or raita.