₹80 for Bangalore &
₹150 for Other Places
If we continue to follow the ongoing diet patterns, the population will suffer from serious diabetes by the year 2040. However, fortunately, we do know some things about how to maintain a strategic distance from the disease. Also, the precaution measures are not that difficult to follow. Here, I’ve gathered together few research-upheld eating methodologies that will not only help you to avoid type 2 diabetes but will also make you healthier inside out.
1. Switch to green food! : The logic is quite simple, the greener you eat, the healthier you become. Green leafy vegetables are a good source of all the nutrients that a human body requires in general. Studies show that eating extra servings of green leafy vegetables can reduce the chances of Type-2 diabetes by 10-14%. So to pack it up, green should be your new best friend if you want to fight the diabetes issue. It can be easily done by replacing your diet with the small number of vegetables in the beginning and after that, you can increase the amount. By following these simple steps, you can ensure that you and your family stay away from Type-2 diabetes.
2. Breakfast like a prince! : You’ve heard it consistently, and it’s valid. Breakfast truly is the most vital meal of the day. A meta-examination distributed in Public Health Nutrition that included around 100,000 members found that individuals who skipped breakfast had a 15% to 21% increased risk of getting type-2 diabetes as compared to the one who never skipped. However, not all the meals are supposed to help with type-2 diabetes. The breakfast should be according to your goals in order to hit them. Some of the essential components that should be present in your breakfast are lean protein, healthy fat, herbs, fiber, and vegetables. Millets are a good source of lean protein, fiber, and other nutrients and are proved to resist type-2 diabetes. Have a bowl of millet frequently in your breakfast to feel the improvement in your health.
3.Increase your magnesium intake: Most people don’t get enough magnesium, which is disastrous since it’s significant for your heart, muscle, and immune system. In addition, magnesium even assumes a part in keeping type-2 diabetes under control. Now, some of the foods which are a good source of magnesium are beans, nuts, spinach, bananas, avocado, beets, and whole grains like millet. Millets are a good source of magnesium. You can prepare dishes using different types of millets like foxtail millet, finger millet, pearl millet, sorghum, etc. These are not only a good source of magnesium but also have other health benefits. You can easily add these foods to your diet and increase your magnesium intake efficiently.
4. Millet is your best friend: Even if you are not suffering from any disease, you should be eating millets on a regular basis. Its enormous health benefits make it a sure shot yes to have them daily. These are available in a wide range of variety and serve different purposes. Some of these are jowar (sorghum), barnyard, Kodo, little, proso, finger, foxtail, etc. you can easily prepare dishes using these and improve our health without making many efforts at all.
5. Go Mediterranean: You’ve likely heard that the Mediterranean diet plan comes with a wide range of advantages, such as bringing down the risk of cancer and keeping your heart healthy. Also, researches show that it can also help prevent type-2 diabetes. The diet plan includes intake of high monosaturated-to-saturated fat ratio, plenty of green leafy vegetables, fruits, millets (whole grains), etc. Millets will undoubtedly help you to cure your type-2 diabetes. You can prepare tasty and healthy south Indian dishes like millet dosa, millet idli, etc to fit in your diet plan.
6. Drinks are healthy! : To your surprise, the last point may sound insane but it is true. Totally cutting out drinks from your routine may help you in other things in your life, but for type-2 diabetes, drinking moderately will help in fighting the disease. However, millet alone can help you cure your type-2 diabetes so you can avoid drinking. The health benefits of millet are plenty, for e.g. it reduces the risk of cancer, reduces cholesterol, improves digestion, sugar levels (and thus type-2 diabetes), improves immunity, detoxifies the body, etc. because of such enormous benefits, you must add millet in your regular diet plan and not only fight type-2 diabetes but also improve your overall health.