Foxtail Millet Rasgulla
Foxtail millet rice-100 g,
Regular Milk-100 g, Sugar-10 g,
Lemon-1 in no.(make into juice)
- Boil foxtail millet grains in a vessel containing an excess amount of water and extract 100 ml of gruel from it by using a strainer.
- In a pan, add foxtail milk to the regular milk, bring it to boil, and add lemon juice.
- Remove the pan from heat when the milk gets coagulated.
- Strain milk solids in a muslin cloth and squeeze excess water, tie the muslin cloth and rest it for 1 hour.
- Knead the milk solids (or paneer) until it forms a smooth dough. Roll dough into a ball, and cover the balls with a muslin cloth.
- For the sugar syrup, boil the sugar, water (1:1) in a heavy-bottomed saucepan, and stir continuously till it becomes sticky with one string consistency. Once done, take it off the heat and keep aside.
- Boil the paneer balls in sugar syrup and allow to cool, till it swells with syrup.
- Delicious foxtail millet Rasgulla is ready to serve.