Little Millet Porridge Recipe
Little Millet Porridge is a simple and easy breakfast option made with cooked little millet, Jaggery, and cardamom powder. It’s a great way to start your day with some added nutrition and sweetness. Here is the recipe:
• 1 cup of little millet
• 2 cups of water
• 1/4 teaspoon of salt
• 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon
• 1/4 teaspoon of cardamom
• 1/4 cup of Jaggery or sugar
• 2 tablespoons of ghee or butter
• 2 tablespoons of raisins
• 2 tablespoons of almonds
1. Rinse the little millet in cold water, then drain and set aside.
2. Heat the ghee or butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
3. Add the drained millet and toast until fragrant, about 2 minutes.
4. Add the water, salt, cinnamon, cardamom, and Jaggery or sugar.
5. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and cover.
6. Simmer for 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the millet is soft and creamy.
7. Add the raisins and almonds and stir to combine.
8. Serve the porridge warm with a drizzle of ghee or butter and extra Jaggery, if desired.
In case this recipe made your mouth water, but you don’t have time to prepare it, you can try Grami Superfood Porridge which can be prepared under 5 minutes and is delicious as ever. what more? It has goodness of other millets as well.