Peal/Bajra Millet Jilebi Recipe
Pearl Millet flour-50 g,
Refined wheat flour/maida -50 g,
Baking powder-3 g, Sugar-150 g,
Orange food color-pinch (mix with the little amount of water),
Curd-25 g and Water-as required.
- Firstly add Sugar and water (1:1 ratio) to a vessel.
- Boil on a medium flame, until it gives thin string consistency and then off the flame. Cool it and keep aside.
- In a separate large bowl, add maida, pearl Millet flour, baking powder, and food color.
- Mix it well until it becomes uniform. Next, add curd and make a thick lump free batter. The batter has to be thick, but it should have flowing consistency.
- Squeeze-in the batter gently in circular motions starting from the center moving outside, using cone-shaped cloth, which is having a hole.
- When the pearl millet jilebi is visually crispy, remove it with a skewer.
- Heat oil on medium heat to fry pearl millet jilebi.
- Add the above pearl millet jilebi to the warm sugar syrup directly.
- Allow it to rest for 2 minutes and put it on a serving plate.
- Serve pearl millet jilebi as delicious sweets.